With practical experience upcoming I have been surfing my PLN to gain some great ICTs to implement into my year 4 classroom. This blog by Bec which looked at the access and implementation of C2C for student teachers. She also points out a link to a blog written by our course lecturer where he gives his thoughts and opinions of C2C.
I would like to share my thoughts and (limited) experiences on the topic. Firstly, I have used C2C for some previous pracs and have identified the following advantages.
- I was able to read some really great lesson plans/units and assessments.
- Links to further resources where provided.
- I was able to gain a good understanding of what students have previously done before my placement
- I was able to concentrate on my instruction and differentiation to my classes needs.
- I was able to cut out parts I thought were not useful and replace with activites that worked for class and my teaching approach.
I also encoutnered several problems
- Difficulty accessing C2C to view/prepare for lessons
- Fitting all the c2c activities into the allocated lesson time.
- If students needed more time on certain aspects I felt pressure to keep moving to the C2C timeline rather than to the pace of the students.
- The C2C is so packed and doesnt really allow for other school interuptions.such as public holidays and swimming carnivals
- I have heard of teachers who become lazy and simply teach c2c straight from the lesson plan displayed on the interactive whiteboard.
That said, I see the advantages of planning from scratch and planning with access to c2c as a student teacher. I would like to see some interaction with C2C during my studies but also still like the experience of creating my own lesson and unit plans.
I would be interested to hear about our experiences with C2C as a student teacher.